Completing service projects and fundraisers is an integral part of running a successful HOSA chapter, and can often be challenging to complete efficiently. Fortunately, Missouri HOSA has developed a step by step system to aid in simplifying the planning and execution stages of your service projects and fundraisers.
Our system is based around the W.O.R.D.S. Acronym:
- This step establishes the purpose of your project. In this step you will develop a broad goal, as well as the organization and type of activity you will conduct.
- This is the main planning stage of your project. You will develop a quantifiable, purpose driven goal with a specific plan on how to achieve it.
- This is the advertisement stage in your planning process. You will get members and participant involved through descriptions of the goal, and reinforcement of dates and important information.
- This is the execution stage of your project! This stage will utilize leadership on your officer team or in membership to orchestrate a successful event. You will develop a pre-event checklist to make sure you have everything you need and a plan of action to ensure the event runs smoothly and everyone involved is well informed.
- This is the post-event stage of your project. In this often overlooked (but imperative) step, you will have a debriefing session with volunteers and leaders from your event to reflect on what went well and what could be improved. In this session, you will compile a document of successes, areas for improvement, and ideas for the coming years to ensure continual growth within your chapter.
W.O.R.D.S. Infographic Preview:
In the Drive stage of your project, you will develop a plan of action. Here is a template for this stage that you can print off and fill in.
It it not representative of how many lines/how much information you should have, so feel free to print out multiple numbers of any pages to fit you individual chapter needs. We recommend that you scan and email your completed plan of action to all committee members and volunteers for your event.
If you would like your plan of action to be featured as an example on the Missouri HOSA website, please email us a copy here!